Swift, House Martin and Swallow nest boxes
We have all kinds of nest boxes for wild birds in stock. Some of the more unusual are listed below.
- a medium sized bird, that sleeps whilst flying, it uses half of its brain at a time (similar to Dolphins) to keep flying and only rests for short periods to breed.
- Spends most of it's time flying, eating thousands of tiny flying insects per day, House Martins fly in groups and often in amongst Swifts.
- Arrives in the UK in late March and leaves in October, flying most of the time and prefers solitary areas of farmland pasture and water to feed on insects.
Raptors are a feature of our nature also, Owls and Falcons are lovely birds, but they are predators and so do need open spaces, away from pets.
- Experts at keeping rodents under control on farmland, in Germany they are encouraged to nest in the eaves of houses so they can nest in the loft space.
- Can often be seen out in the daylight, if alarmed it will sit and bob it's head up and down.
- The most common owl in the UK, about the size of a Pigeon. Young Tawny Owls stay with their parents for about three months before finding their own territory.
- The most common falcon in the UK, can be found in cities as well as countryside, their numbers are in decline due to intensive farming methods.
We have nest boxes for all of the above wild birds in stock and now is the perfect time to site one, include a colour camera kit for the perfect gift for Easter!